Tuesday, June 3, 2008

VIII

With my wife hanging out with her sister, I would have to eat lunch on my own. Lunches were included with the price of the conference, so I headed to the commissary. One of the more interesting things going on at the conference were toe readings. I have to admit I'd never heard of such things previously. Check this out. They had about 10 toe experts giving readings at a time in a lounge near the main lobby, but the line was always so long that I didn't want to mess with it. Plus, though I believe in many things, getting an accurate psychic reading from looking at my feet didn't seem very plausible.

I picked up my boxed lunch and headed to a table where there were some openings. My lunch consisted of a turkey wrap (I'd never eaten a wrap before), a Diet Sierra Mist, an apple (to tie in with the creation myth that Dannion had just debunked), and a big, chocolate chip cookie. I could tell I was among friends when I heard the lady across from me (a teacher) saying that she was in the middle of reading Conversations Book 3. I have to admit I was a bit jealous that she was being exposed to its wondrous teachings for the first time. It's been about a decade since I first read it and, in my mind, the God books since then haven't had as much to chew on as that final one of the trilogy.

I was thinking, wouldn't it be great if I could get ECT or something like that where they fried your brain so that you didn't remember reading all these great books? You could be left awestruck once again. This could also work for movies. Imagine seeing "Star Wars", Lord of the Rings", and "Showgirls" for the first time! Actually, I believe that many of the truths revealed in the God books, I was already aware of on a deep subconscious level. I think that's why it resonated so strongly. It's like, "Yes, that makes sense to me. That is how I believe things really work". I believe that we all agreed to "forget" some things before going into the body only to "remember" them again during various times in our life. That's one of the main messages of CWG.

Going back to more mundane things, the turkey wrap was decent, but I had to take out some of the shredded cheese (my cholesterol is quite high, so I'm trying to significantly reduce my sat fat intake and cheese is full of it). I indulged myself a bit by eating the cookie and totally avoided the apple (no eating from the "tree of knowledge" for me).

Next, I went outside to give my wife a call. The sun was blazingly bright as I strolled around the hotel. The temp was in the mid-70's. There were some people having a smoke (naughty...naughty). Reminds me of Book 1 when God tells Neale that people who smoke have no will to live. If they did, they wouldn't do something that has been proven to shorten one's life. My girl had just had lunch with her sis and asked if I wanted to go out to eat with her, her sis, and her sis's husband later that afternoon. I was scheduled to see Joan Borysenko Ph.D. at 4:30pm, but felt I could skip it to get some grub.

I was next scheduled to go to Neale's workshop at 2:30pm. It was a 90-minute presentation called, "Happiness at Last". It was gonna be loosely based on the book he had just released called, "Happier Than God". After getting a taste of his wisdom in the morning panel discussion, I was greatly looking forward to hearing him speak at length about that most elusive of things, happiness.

No comments: