Tuesday, June 3, 2008

XIV

And now it was time to talk to God. Neale asked for questions and a number of hands went up. One lady asked if God had anything to say to her. Neale didn't answer the question as God. He would say something like, "God is advising me to tell you..." He told the first woman, among other things, that she was a beautiful soul with many gifts to share.

Another woman said that she didn't feel comfortable in the world, that she wanted to "go home". Neale said, "You are already home. You just don't know it" and that the surest way to be happy is to make another happy, to give away what it is that you seek. I saw the same woman later that day and she appeared to be in much better spirits (she was in line for a toe reading).

But the most emotional portion of the seminar began when a woman asked, "How can I know that any of this is real? I don't feel like I'm God. I don't feel worthy". Tears began to form on her face. Neale asked the woman if she had a mirror. She said she didn't. Someone nearby gave a small mirror to Neale. Neale asked the lady to come up with him to the front of the room. He asked her to look into the mirror. He said it was God she was looking at in that mirror. She found it difficult to look at her own reflection in that moment. She obviously had a lot of pain.

Neale then said, "Well, if you don't believe that you're God, do you believe that she is?" pointing to a woman in the front row. The woman said, "Yes", and Neale encouraged her to give the seated lady an embrace. She embraced several women over the next couple minutes. I don't know if she is completely healed, but Neale was definitely able to give her some hope that morning. Many, many tears were shed throughout those 90 minutes, probably the most intense workshop of the weekend. I was not at all surprised to learn that Neale plans to do this type of workshop (almost exclusively) from here on out.

The following is from his latest weekly bulletin:

"My dear friends...

We just had a marvelous time in Chicago last weekend, where we offered a presentation at the Celebrate Your Life conference. It was wonderful to see many old friends again, including Marianne Williamson, Gary Zukav, Deepak Chopra, Debbie Ford, and others.

And I used the Chicago event to introduce a new program that I have been inspired to create...about which I will tell you more below. For now, let me just say that it proved to be a wonderful, wonderful time of working and sharing with participants, and I am committed now to doing this as the next phase of my life work.

The experience I had last Sunday afternoon at the Celebrate Your Life event in Chicago was the most fulfilling and This-Is-Absolutely-Me time I have ever had in front of an audience -- and I became very clear that this is the next step in work that I was intended to do, and intend to do, for the rest of my life.

I shall be doing no more stand-alone lectures of any kind, nor any kind of presentation on any topic other than this.

So now, let me tell you what this is all about. Here is a write-up of what I will now be offering:

Your Conversation with God

AN EXPERIENCE OF PERSONAL CONNECTION WITH THE DIVINE

In the 13 years since publication of the groundbreaking spiritual text Conversations with God, people have repeatedly asked its author to explain the process by which he entered into his dialogue with Deity. Now, in a very special mind-expanding, spirit-awakening 90-minute presentation, Neale Donald Walsch not only explains, but for the first time demonstrates, how he speaks with God-then creates an opportunity for everyone in the room to have their own experience of conversing with The Divine, then and there.

Wrapped in the heart-opening emotional landscaping of one of America's newest and most astonishing poetic voices, m. Claire, this is a highly experiential event that you will always remember...and that could change your life forever.

You took the first step when you read Conversations with God. Now, take the next step...

Have the conversation.

In longer programs, those covering a day or more (as opposed to evening 90-minute presentations or half-day programs), I will open with a full and detailed explanation of my own experience of having a conversation with God. In shorter presentations, that explanation will constrict to fit the time available.

The opening explanation may "look like" a lecture, but it will actually be a prelude to the larger, and far more impactful, portion of the program in which I will answer questions from the audience from the space of Connection with Divine Wisdom - and then provide the event participants with an opportunity to experience the same Connection.

The purpose of this program (and of my life work) is to bring people an experiential reference point when considering the extraordinary ideas in Conversations with God-and the most extraordinary idea of all: that we may all have such a conversation.

I talk to everyone. All the time. The question is not, To whom do I talk? The question is, Who listens? -- CWG Book 1, Chapter 1

I will be offering the first extended version of this program this winter, from Dec. 27-Jan. 1 as the format for the Foundation's annual Year End ReCreating Yourself Holiday Retreat. I have never done this before in a large group over an extended period, so the 2008 Holiday Retreat will be our maiden voyage. If it goes anything like our short-form program in Chicago, it will be a breathtaking and very special, heightened experience.

love and hugs and best wishes on your journey...
Neale."

No comments: