Tuesday, June 3, 2008

XVI

Well, as Dubya said in 2003, Mission Accomplished. After meeting Neale, I could now die a happy man (whatever that means). My wife was quite hungry by this time and wanted to go to a hot dog place, the kind they don't have up in Minnesota. So we drove a couple miles to a place called Portillo's. My beloved ordered two hot dogs and some fries. She loves the dogs so much that she doesn't put a single topping on them, not even catsup.

I knew that after ingesting a lot of SatFat the day before, I should eat better on this day. So I sat and watched her eat and together we made plans to hit Subway (eat fresh) afterward. The next person we were scheduled to see was a guy named Dr. Darren Weissman at 1:30pm. It was getting close to 1 at this point. I'm sure he was a good speaker, but I felt we could pass on it and just chill for a bit.

There was a Subway close to the hot dog place, but I was more in the mood to eat at one that was located in a food court. So we drove a mile or so to the local mall. We entered the shopping center and the first thing I noticed was that there were kids there. I mentioned to my wife that for the past 48 hours, we had not really seen any children (there were no minors at any of the seminars). I realized how nice it was not to be exposed to their drama. Sorry. It's just how I feel.

My wife wanted to ask for directions on how to find the food court, but I was like, "Let's just walk and see what we'll see". It honestly wasn't because I don't like asking for directions. I just wanted to quietly watch things unfold. We next headed for the escalator. My wife has been afraid of them for years, so imagine my surprise when she said, "God told me I don't need to be afraid of escalators anymore". I was like, "That's good to hear, Mrs. Walsch".

A few minutes later, we found the food court. I pointed out DQ to my girl and asked if she'd be interested in picking up a dessert for herself. She did that while I went to Jared's Place. The misses got some kind of Oreo dessert. It wasn't a Blizzard, though, more like a sundae. I purchased a chicken breast sub and some apple dapples. We talked about how rewarding the weekend had been.

A lady we spoke to the night before at James' talk said she had had a toe reading done (actually, two of 'em) and that they were quite illuminating. She also said that you usually have to miss a workshop to get a reading and that she wished she had written down what the readers had told her. I mentioned to my wife that since we're gonna be missing one of the workshops anyway, perhaps we could use the opportunity to get our little piggies read.

She was receptive to the idea, so a few minutes later, we headed back to the hotel. There were about 15 people waiting in line (including a couple of hotel employees, one male, one female). We decided that now was as good a time as any, so got in line. The line didn't move very fast, but it appeared that we were gonna be able to get ours done. We talked quite a bit to the two employees who were waiting in front of us. As hotel workers, they were eligible to get complimentary readings. Numerous other employees had told them to give it a shot, so there they were. The lady was actually afraid of what the reader might tell her. I had no such fear.

After about 20 minutes, my wife started to get tired of waiting, but I told her she'd probably be glad if she did it. After about 40 minutes, we were almost to the front of the line. The two employees were taken to a couch and asked to remove their clothes, I mean, their socks and shoes. We were up next. This was gonna be interesting...

No comments: