Tuesday, June 3, 2008

XV

About 10 minutes to noon, Neale asked us to look at the question we had asked God. Then a short meditation was done during which Neale said that God would now give an answer. I closed my eyes as the people gathered wrote down the replies they were getting. My wife had actually asked a pretty simple question, it was a yes or no one. Guess which way God answered?

Neale said some people might not get the answer they had been expecting or that it might not have worked for them, but to continue to practice and chances are the results would improve. The lady next to me had tears in her eyes as our session came to an end. A crew member announced that Neale would be signing books immediately afterward. I still wasn't too crazy about buying one of the two Neale books I didn't have (they were both relatively small ones), but figured I'd stroll over to where they were selling them and peruse a bit.

I took a close look at his newest work, Happier Than God, and figured that though I was probably familiar with most of its contents, I'd pick it up. I was pleasantly surprised when one dollar was taken off the cover price and I wasn't charged any sales tax. Next, I had to find where the signing was taking place. I walked back to where Neale had given his talk and asked a group of women if any of them knew where He was. One of them raised their arms and said, "He is everywhere". Another said that he was near the Grand Ballroom (where I had just bought the book). I quickly strode back to that area. As usual, there were quite a few people in line waiting to get their toes read.

There were a few other authors who were also signing in the area. My wife and I began our wait in Neale's queue. A crew member asked whose name should be written on the book above Neale's signature. I replied with not only my name, but my wife's as well. My life partner then asked if I wanted her to take a pic of me and Neale. I said that would be great and set the camera up for her. I got a bit nervous as I got closer to the front of the line. What would I say to this man whose writings had so inspired me?

Now at the front of the line, I gave the book to Neale to sign. I asked if my wife could take a pic of me and him. He said that was fine. I went behind the table where he was sitting and started to smile. My wife said to get a bit closer so that both of us could be in the shot. I moved closer, but didn't want to get in the man's personal space. My wife might have told us to say "Cheese!" as she got ready to take the picture. The pic was taken and I believe I shook his hand. I know for sure that I told him, "Thanks, Neale". It's really all I could come up with at the moment. As we headed off to get lunch, my wife said that the pic didn't come out perfectly. I took a look and saw that it was off-centered. Dang it. Oh well. I could probably do some cropping and make it look better.

Here is said pic now properly cropped:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely Photo Thomas! I saw your comment at my blog crowspeaks.wordpress.com! Thank you for that!

Well there are other books that I do read from time to time, so do keep visiting my blog from time to time....and perhaps something will strike you as worth reading...we spiritual journey co travellers should keep in touch with one anothers spirit...so we can mutually help one another...would you agree?

Thomas said...

Private, I absolutely agree and will continue to visit your blog. I'm always up for hearing recommendations from people on good spiritual books.