Monday, June 2, 2008

XX

Before leaving town, we stopped to pick up some gas. I filled the tank while my wife went inside to pay. I took a close look at some of the other customers. They didn't seem to have the joy on their faces that I had seen so much of over the past 2 days. How would this affect me? Would I follow their lead and smile less often, be less giving, caught up in the illusion again or would I continue to let my light shine, to let the joy manifesting in me be witnessed by all, even on my "worst" days? I pondered these thoughts as we hit the road and headed back to Minnesota. Before leaving Illinois, we had to stop several times to pay tolls. The toll booth attendents didn't appear to be very joyful, either. What would make them happy, I wondered.

I felt a palpable sense of relief as we entered Wisconsin if only because the scenery there is more lush and there would be no more tolls to pay. I was greatly looking forward to seeing our dog and cat once we arrived back home. As it got closer to sunset, my wife said she'd like to stop for a bite somewhere. I knew a place in Janesville that she would most definitely enjoy: IHOP. We entered the restaurant. There weren't too many people there. I ordered some pancakes while my beloved had some pancakes and eggs. I was glad that I had the following day off to recuperate and reacclimate myself to "everyday life". As we left the restaurant, the sun had all but gone down.

What a day. I had seen Neale have an actual conversation with God, had my pic taken with him (with Neale, not with God...though maybe they are actually the same), had my toes read, and heard Marianne speak, all with my life partner at my side. She talked excitedly about going next summer if it was offered again (I've since found out that it will be). My wife rarely sleeps in the car, so it was quite a surprise that she fell asleep shortly after we left Janesville. I listened to various CD's as the hours went by and we got closer to Minnesota.

I'd been looking forward to this event for so long. What would I do now that it was over? Reading Neale's new book would be one thing, I guess. Perhaps I could also peruse the Gary Zukav book my wife had bought. The toe reader had said I should meditate more. I could look into that, get in touch with my inner monk. I would continue to be thankful that my wife and I had been able to reconcile our relationship late last year and that our canine had survived a close call last fall. I would continue to start my day with 5 affirmations: I am joyful, I am loving, I am accepting, I am blessing, and I am grateful (these are the five attitudes of God as revealed in Neale's "Friendship With God").

My wife continued to sleep as I realized I would need to make a pit stop. I was quite pleased there hadn't been much traffic on the roads. For the most part, I was able to have the car on cruise control and zone out a bit. I stopped at a rest area. My girl asked if we were home yet. I said, "I hope not. I don't wanna leave this mortal coil quite yet".

We passed into Minnesota at around midnight. One thing I knew is that I would not soon forget this weekend or the things it had caused me to remember. I would take this weekend into my heart and use it on a day-to-day basis. It wouldn't be an easy thing, but I looked forward to trying. All the things I experienced this past weekend can be summed up in one word: mashugana.

No, the word is love. Love, love, love, love, love, love, love. We passed into Rochester and were now just moments away from home (our earthly home, that is). The summer of '08 had just started and all was well. We entered our homestead and greeted the dog and cat. Our Pomeranian was mighty joyful to see us, the cat...not so much...but such is life. An hour later, we hit the hay, our great adventure now over, but in many ways, only just beginning.

My Experience in Ashland, Oregon at the End of 2008

My Experience at Celebrate Your Life 2009

10 comments:

Lee Strickler said...

Hey Thomas! You left me a comment on myspace...
I was in the front row, left side of the aisle first seat in NDW's workshop. Sounds like you had an amazing time too. Sorry we didn't meet, or if we did I don't remember. Hope you are having a blessed summer! Lee

Thomas said...

Wow. I was in the 2nd row near the center of the aisle! We musta been within 15 feet of each other. I don't believe that we spoke to each other, but I just loved the energy I felt througout the weekend and look forward to possibly going again next summer.

All the best to you!

Berean Wife said...

Thomas,

Truth is truth whether you choose to believe it or not. Just because you deny that The Bible is authoritative that does not make it so. You can believe whatever false lies you want but it will not change the truth. You can believe that eating spinach will make you strong enough to lift a truck, able to leap 40 feet and faster than a train but the truth is - it will not. No matter how seriously you believe it, feel it in your heart, and have others tell you it is the truth – the facts will not change.

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. KJV

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. KJV

Walsch says the following from his blog:

Question: Do you believe the bible is the inspired word of God?

Neale's Response: Yes, I do. The entire Bible, including the Old Testament. And I believe the Qur'an is the inspired word of God. And I believe the Bahagavad-gita is the inspired word of God. And I believe the Torah is the inspired word of God. And I believe the Upanishad is the inspired word of God. And I believe the Book of Mormon is the inspired word of God. And I believe Conversations with God is the inspired word of God.

How can writings that contradict each other all be true? Either Walsch is wrong or you believe in a lying God. First you must find the truth. I suggest you start with the Bible since Jesus says He is the way, the Truth and the Life.

Berean Wife

Thomas said...

Berean, thanks for sharing your views. I don't believe the Bible is complete rubbish. I just have a problem with God sending people to hell for not believing in things that can't be empirically proven (if someone said the unicorn existed and if you didn't worship it, you'd go to hell, what would you do?)

I also can't reconcile God being a jealous God. I know many people who are above jealousy. Wouldn't this mean their thinking is higher than God's?

One should go with which whatever writings resonate the most and Neale's do it for me. Neale's God's love is totally unconditional like you'd want a parent's love to be. If one is worshipping a God whose love is conditional, wouldn't it be true that the person in question is in the thrall of a lesser God?

Much love and light to you on your journey.

Berean Wife said...

Thomas,

I replied but like my husband said I am to verbose. :(

Go to this link "Conversations with God" - Response to a comment where I tried to answer your questions.

Berean Wife

Berean Wife said...

Thomas, see the post at Pre-existence? I will never win any awards for being short and concise nor for grammar or spelling. So please forgive those. I read many ideas and opinions about pre-existence last night but that was all they were opinions.

The Holy Bible has the answers to many of your questions, although they may not be what you want to hear, they are the truth.

Berean Wife

Thomas said...

Berean, I did check out your Pre-Existence post and responded to it.

I'm pleased to continue this conversation with you.

Good to hear you did some checking into pre-existence and that you even had an out-of-body experience. Wish I could make that claim!

The thing I love about pre-existence is it answers so many questions. Why is life not fair? How is it that one person only lives for 38 minutes while another for 90 years? Why are some born with birth defects? Why wouldn't God just make all of us healthy?

I believe that there were references to pre-existence (and reincarnation, for that matter) in the Bible, but that they were removed as the church sought to more tightly control the message, as they came up with the Nicene Creed.

Berean Wife said...

Thomas,

See the post What if you don't like the Bible?

I hope you have been reading in the Bible or some of the information I suggested.

If I am slow to respond it is because we have a busy weekend plus hurricane flooding. :)

Berean Wife

Thomas said...

Berean, I did read the post you referenced above and have posted a reply.

I have also been perusing the websites you mentioned.

Hope the flooding isn't too extensive.

Tom

Berean Wife said...

Thomas,

I am working on answering your questions in the comment on my website.

This post The Bible God's Rule Book has info that may help you to understand one of the reasons for God's Law.

We have been blessed with a good heavy rain (we have been in drought conditions) but no actual flooding or damage here. Other parts of the state have had damage. We are under tornado watches and warnings today, so the weather has had to be constantly monitored.

I am praying for you and your desire for answers to your questions. I hope you have a wonderful week and that the Lord will reveal himself to you in a mighty way.

I’ll get back to you with some answers as quickly as I can. That is the first time someone has asked me those particular questions and I want to pray about them and do some researching before I answer, because I want the Wisdom from the Lord and not just my ideas.

Berean Wife